The Cadasta Foundation is developing a localized platform to democratize the data and processes of mapping and documentation for the estimated 70% of the world’s population living without formal or documented land and property rights. We are seeking a Partnership and Data Specialist to support collaboration with our partners through technology onboarding, training, and technical support.
This position will serve as the primary technical point of contact for partners with regards to data collection, onboarding, documentation, troubleshooting, and demonstrations. The candidate should be comfortable with providing field-based, often in developing countries and emerging economies, and remote technical support.
Flexibility and a willingness to chip in, collaborate, and learn are key in this role, but that doesn't mean long hours or work outside your scope. Cadasta prides itself on being a welcoming, people-first environment that's dedicated to healthy work-life balance.
- Support CEO/Chief Programs Officer in assisting implementation partners with field program conceptualization via workflow and use case analysis;
- Coordinate with Product Owner in developing user stories, and technical detail required to describe additional feature and functionality requirements coming from partner engagement;
- Support implementation partners with data pipelines, importing, and technology onboarding, remotely or in the field as required;
- Write up documentation;
- Assist with development and delivery of training programs on Cadasta and relevant third party technology;
- Provide technical support to Platform users;
- Assist with development of programs related documentation through collaboration with relevant staff;
- Collaborate with implementation partners to prepare relevant aspects of documentation for possible financing partners;
- Develop and deliver technical demonstrations for partners, donors and interested parties;
- Assist with software testing and quality assurance/quality control;
- Help maintain and expand the Cadasta platform as part of a collaborative team.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experiences
- Experiance working with GIS Software;
- Experience solving technical problems in creative ways;
- Experience in data collection design with tools such as OpenDataKit, Survey123 or ESRI Collector;
- Previous work with implementing training programs for technology and developing training materials for a wide range of users;
- Experience working on issues pertaining to land and resource rights will be viewed favorably;
- Excellent English written communication skills and experience writing technical reports for both end users and funding partners; Other languages certainly a plus;
- Effective oral and verbal communication skills with a focus on making technology easy for non-technical groups to understand;
- Familiarity with a programming language (Python) for writing import scripts;
- Must be able to work in a variety of social and cultural settings around the world;
- Collaboration with a globally dispersed team and regular meetings with development team will require work outside of standard business hours;
- Regular international travel to meet and work with partners will be required;
- Previous contributions to systems designed for use in low-bandwidth, low-tech environments;
- Awareness of computer and data security issues and methods of mitigating risks
Cadasta is committed to a people-first approach and providing an invigorating, dynamic workplace focused on achieving our mission. We have a collaborative, learning-focused environment that helps you reach your full potential while making a positive impact on the world. As a growing organization, in addition to a competitive salary, by January 1, 2019, we will offer a benefits package that will include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, disability, workman’s compensation, and a 401k retirement plan. Until these full benefits are in place, we currently reimburse employees for health, dental, and vision insurance. In addition, we offer:
- 20 days paid vacation annually plus 10 sick/personal leave days;
- 10 National holidays;
- Monthly reimbursement for public transportation up to $50;
- Monthly reimbursement for gym membership up to $50;
- Necessary IT tools; and
- Conference attendance and professional development opportunities.